Thank you for your interest in attending the DONA Postpartum Doula training. The following requirements must be completed before attending the class.
- Read at least one book from each of the following categories from the Postpartum Doula Certification Required Reading List. Three books total. See DONA website or below:
Becoming a Mother (choose one)
- Misconceptions by Wolf (2013)
- Mothering the New Mother by Plackin (2000)
- The Year after Childbirth by Kitzinger (1996)
The Newborn (choose one)
- Your Amazing Newborn by Klaus and Klaus
- The Mother of All Baby Books, Douglas(2012)
- Your Baby Is Speaking To You by Nugent (2011)
- The Wonder Weeks by Plooij (2013)
- Touchpoints by Brazelton (2006)
- The Baby Book by Sears (2013)
Breastfeeding (choose one)
- Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by Wiesinger and West (2010)
- Dr. Jack Newman’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Newman (2014)
- Working and Breastfeeding Made Simple by Morbacher (2014)
- Breastfeeding Made Simple by Morbacher and Kendall-Tackett
Rules and Conditions
Registration less than 14 days prior to the workshop requires a call or email to me (Marcia Thuermer) for space availability. All prerequisites required by DONA must be completed.
Questions? Call me for a free 15-minute consultation!
If for any reason you need to cancel your registration, if it is more than 30 days from the date of the workshop I will refund your registration payment less $100.00 cancellation fee. If it is less than 30 days your registration payment is non-refundable and non-transferable but you can take the course from me (Marcia Thuermer) at another time or place within one year from the time of cancellation. Starting June 1, 2019 there is a $50.00 transfer fee to attend another workshop of mine at a later date if cancelled less than 30 days.
If I have to cancel for any emergency situation your payment will be refunded or can be used for another workshop. Cancellation would normally occur only if the required minimum number of students is not met. You would be notified at least two weeks or more prior to the workshop date if this occurs.
Nursing mothers with infants less than 6 months old are welcome to attend with mom; I find what works best is to bring your partner or support person to class to care for your baby outside the meeting space and bring her/him in when it is time to breastfeed. This is the least disruptive and still allows you to learn all the information. However, as long as your baby is less than 6 months old she/he can be in the class the whole time if you can’t bring someone with you. I must be notified by email or phone at least two weeks in advance if you are planning to bring your baby to class.
All participants will receive a DONA manual and certificate of attendance upon completion of the class. You must attend the entire class in order to receive your certificate. Any missed time must be made up.
Payment must be made before attending the workshop. Checks will be accepted up to two weeks prior; PayPal and credit cards can be used at any time.